Catholic Ministry with Gay & Lesbian Persons
In the Diocese of Memphis, our ministry:
• fosters a spirit of compassion, understanding, and fellowship for and among the LGBTQ+ community and their families so that they can share mutual support in living out their lives of faith in the Church.
• reconciles the relationship between the Church and LGBTQ+ people, families, and friends.
• encourages LGBTQ+ persons to be active, contributing members of their
• provides pastoral care and spiritual nourishment forLGBTQ+ persons and
fosters a welcoming environment.
• offers educational material and assists parish leaders in the development of parish-based ministries inclusive to all.
• supports parents and family members of LGBTQ+ persons.
Find the Catholic Diocese of Memphis page here.
Catholic Ministry with Gay and Lesbian Persons affirms that all the baptized, regardless of sexual orientation, are called to full participation in the life, worship, and mission of the Church.
This ministry fosters inclusivity, mutual understanding, and appreciation of all persons by promoting hospitality, education, and support to our LGBTQ+ members and their family, friends, and allies.